One of the most powerful things we can do for our spiritual practice is create an altar to hold the space for what we find sacred. An altar or prayer bench serves as a visual reminder, and helps us set our intention for our time in prayer or meditation. Fill your altar with different items that hold personal and spiritual meaning.
Here are some suggestions -
- Photos of loved ones: friends, family, ancestors, even your furry friends
- Meaningful mementos
- Element of nature including feathers, flowers, leaves, crystals, stones or seashells
- Candles, incense, aromatherapy
- The four elements: Earth ~ Wind ~ Fire ~ Water
- Figurines or small statues
- Letters or cards that remind you of your bonds to important people in your life
Be creative and add what speaks to you. This process is deeply personal and the wisdom is held inside all of the items you chose.
These altar benches are handcrafted in Indiana, USA and are one of a kind. Due to the natural wood, slight variations will occur in each piece. These are natural wood, and can be painted or stained. They are designed to sit on a tabletop or directly on to the floor.
Dimensions: 20" L x 11" W x 14" H | Weight: 9lbs 10oz